
Brigette returned to work on 9/30. Too bad we didn't win the lottery so she could stay home (course we would have to actually play the lottery for that even be a possibility) with Colton. Her mom stayed with Colton the first three days to help get him use to bottles and such and he did really well. He even took NAPS for his grandmother! The first time Brigette nursed him after a day of bottles they had a hard time, some crying and such (as the bottles are instant gratification) but have been pretty good since then.
Friday was also a check up and first round of shots for Colton. Poor thing, he definitely took back the sweet smile he gave the nurse when she poked him 3 times! Nothing was as bad as drawing blood for the jaundice tests, so Brigette didn't get too upset and nursed him at the doctor's office, he fell asleep and he slept on the way to Nana's so I thought he would be good. Unfortunately for Nana and Great Auntie Judy, that didn't last and he had on and off crying sessions of up to 15 mins straight and got them upset too. I left work early to get him and he calmed some and did pretty good the rest of the night. Sometimes only Mummy (and some snuggle time nursing) will do.

Colton is now 13 lbs. 11 oz and 24.5 inches! 75th percentile on height/weight. 25th on head circumference...poor flat baby-always-on-back head. All good per the doctor! She was impressed with his activity and chatty banter. :o)
Monday 10/5 (the day after our 7 year wedding anniversary!) was the first day of actual daycare. Brigette had to wake Colton up to nurse before she left for work (he has been sleeping pretty good at night, usually 6-8+ hrs and I have to wake him up to nurse after 8 hrs) and then Justin took him, his cloth diapers, bottles, breastmilk, and diaper pail to the daycare about 9 am. I only called one time and they stated he was doing great and was super sweet and he even took a short nap for them!! I know he is well cared for at this daycare but we are both very sad to leave him, but at least we can truly enjoy spending time with him when he is home! Brigette has been furloughed at work once a month and probably twice a month next year. It is awful BUT the bright side is that Colton won't have to go to daycare on those days and we can spend more time together...so we are making the best of a rotton situation. At least there were not layoffs...yet.
For those who wonder, I have been pumping at work and it has been going very well. I live in cubicle land so I cannot pump in my office but my supervisor is only in my county 1-2 times a month, so I am able to use her office and can hook up my computer while there and not have to be on break while I pump, so that has been great. Hopefully things will continue to go well in that area.
We have been trying to get back into a routine for exercising again and made it up Stone Mountain after 3 months of not going. I knew I HAD to make it all the way since I was able to do it 9 months pregnant! :-) It was a beautiful day and we are SO glad that fall is finally coming to GA so we can enjoy some time outside with Colton! He hasn't made the trip up yet (needs to really be able to hold his head up well to be in the backpack) but enjoys stroller rides with his Nana and his parents in the cooler weather.
Lifting head! In the last week or so, all of a sudden, Colton has been trying to sit up! Course he can't but that doesn't stop him from trying! When I lean him up on his boppy pillow and hold his hands he will pull himself up to almost a sitting position and hold up his head! He has held his head up pretty good for a long time, but now is not so much of a bobble head. This also means he tries to pull up all the time, so he tries to leap out of your arms if you aren't paying attention as well as try to get out of the car seat. :-) It is very exciting!!
Friday was also a check up and first round of shots for Colton. Poor thing, he definitely took back the sweet smile he gave the nurse when she poked him 3 times! Nothing was as bad as drawing blood for the jaundice tests, so Brigette didn't get too upset and nursed him at the doctor's office, he fell asleep and he slept on the way to Nana's so I thought he would be good. Unfortunately for Nana and Great Auntie Judy, that didn't last and he had on and off crying sessions of up to 15 mins straight and got them upset too. I left work early to get him and he calmed some and did pretty good the rest of the night. Sometimes only Mummy (and some snuggle time nursing) will do.

Colton is now 13 lbs. 11 oz and 24.5 inches! 75th percentile on height/weight. 25th on head circumference...poor flat baby-always-on-back head. All good per the doctor! She was impressed with his activity and chatty banter. :o)
Monday 10/5 (the day after our 7 year wedding anniversary!) was the first day of actual daycare. Brigette had to wake Colton up to nurse before she left for work (he has been sleeping pretty good at night, usually 6-8+ hrs and I have to wake him up to nurse after 8 hrs) and then Justin took him, his cloth diapers, bottles, breastmilk, and diaper pail to the daycare about 9 am. I only called one time and they stated he was doing great and was super sweet and he even took a short nap for them!! I know he is well cared for at this daycare but we are both very sad to leave him, but at least we can truly enjoy spending time with him when he is home! Brigette has been furloughed at work once a month and probably twice a month next year. It is awful BUT the bright side is that Colton won't have to go to daycare on those days and we can spend more time together...so we are making the best of a rotton situation. At least there were not layoffs...yet.
For those who wonder, I have been pumping at work and it has been going very well. I live in cubicle land so I cannot pump in my office but my supervisor is only in my county 1-2 times a month, so I am able to use her office and can hook up my computer while there and not have to be on break while I pump, so that has been great. Hopefully things will continue to go well in that area.
We have been trying to get back into a routine for exercising again and made it up Stone Mountain after 3 months of not going. I knew I HAD to make it all the way since I was able to do it 9 months pregnant! :-) It was a beautiful day and we are SO glad that fall is finally coming to GA so we can enjoy some time outside with Colton! He hasn't made the trip up yet (needs to really be able to hold his head up well to be in the backpack) but enjoys stroller rides with his Nana and his parents in the cooler weather.
Lifting head! In the last week or so, all of a sudden, Colton has been trying to sit up! Course he can't but that doesn't stop him from trying! When I lean him up on his boppy pillow and hold his hands he will pull himself up to almost a sitting position and hold up his head! He has held his head up pretty good for a long time, but now is not so much of a bobble head. This also means he tries to pull up all the time, so he tries to leap out of your arms if you aren't paying attention as well as try to get out of the car seat. :-) It is very exciting!!
Random video for your enjoyment. Or just mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment