Tuesday, January 20, 2009

16 weeks and snow day!

Well, Baby Y and the family had a busy and fun weekend. Brigette was on Furlough on Friday, which sucks for our bank account but was enjoyed as much as possible. Baby Y went to it's first concert Friday night: Bryan Adams! Solo acoustic performance in at Atlanta Symphony Hall--Christmas gift from Justin. It was FANTASTIC!! He is so great live! And if you don't know who he is, I just don't know what is wrong with you. :-) Love my 80's music superstars!

Saturday morning, when it was about 19 degrees in the Atlanta area, Justin, Brigette and her parents went and played in the snow! Snow in middle GA?! Yep! We went snow tubing at Stone Mountain Park's "Snow Mountain" http://www.snowmountainpark.com/ . Camera man forgot to charge the battery so we didn't get all the good snow shots we wanted but here we are waiting to go. It looks like we are just way over dressed for a ride at Wet n' Wild in Orlando.



Arial Shot of the 400 foot Snow Tubing area and one a little closer:

It was actually a lot of fun and we got 6 runs in before our 2 hour time slot was up. If anyone in the area is planning to go, I'd recommend going on a cold morning and during the first time slot. The next time slot had way more people than our group did. The "lift" breaks down all the time so we had to carry our tubes up the hill several times, which got a little tiring, but actually made the line move faster as the lift goes very slowly up the hill while you stand still. All in all, good practice for our winter trip next month to Yellowstone!! The low last night there was -9!

So Baby Y is 16 1/2 weeks old now! Monday Brigette was off work for MLK day and Justin came to the doctor's appointment and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It was very fun! Well, that part was fun, getting blood drawn wasn't as enjoyable for Brigette. Then Brigette did a little maternity clothes shopping. Got some great deals for under $5 in the plus/women's size section at Target. Target actually has a maternity section, which consisted of about 2 racks of clothes. The rest of the clothes in the section were actually plus sized clothes, which I'm sure is really annoying for people shopping in that area!

I'm supposed to start feeling the baby move pretty soon, but I don't think I have yet. Will keep you updated when it happens! Right now the current pregnency issue is that my resting heart rate seems really fast to me (not concerning to the Dr's though or my blood pressure). Mostly annoying when I try to go to sleep and seems like my heart is racing. Doctor says it is common for pregnant women to have a higher heart rate, but it still seems really odd to feel my heart pounding while I'm trying to sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm a little confused!!! I know you got snow in the Atlanta area but is the snow in the pictures fake snow? Just wondering b/c there is only snow on the hill and not on the sides. I'm guessing they make snow @ Stonw Mountain. It looks so fun!!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Glad you are feeling well too :)
hugs,
Cait
xoxo

Celestia said...

Way cool! I had no idea that Stone Mountain had such an attraction! Ryan and I may have to check it out. Love your snow gear! ;)

I am SOOO jealous that you got to see Bryan Adams!!! Acoustic at that! Our friend, Ryan, went Friday night as well: he was in the front row! I didn't even know about the concert. How did you find out about it? I want to hear more about it when I see you!

You look great in your belly pic. Cale and Sim found out last Saturday that they are having a boy. They are due the same week as you and Justin. I'm sure you guys are excited to find out the sex. Glad to hear that you are going well. My friend Rachel, who is just a couple of weeks further along than you, is experiencing sharp pains: her doctor told her it was her tendons and muscles ripping! Never heard of that! Yikes!

Keep us posted on any updates. I love your blog!

Brigette said...

Caitlin--It is FAKE. :-) GA did get a few flurries that weekend, but nothing like you are getting up in MA!!

Because GA is in a drought, they actually are taking water from the lake at Stone Mountain (which is a private lake), purifying it, and using that to make the fake snow. People got really mad last year when they were going to use public water for it.

Thanks for comments ladies!!
-Brig