Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random baby info and Yellowstone Pictures!!

Forgot to mention in February that we started being able to feel the baby! I was feeling the odd tummy sensations for a while, but on 2/15 I was able to feel him moving with my hand on my stomach. It was so amazing!! Justin was able to feel him later that week and he was so excited!!

Did I mention that I have been sick with some sort of cold/funk for over 2 months now? Congestion and coughing, it has been really annoying. Poor Justin is worn out in the mornings not only because I wake him up when I get up to go to the bathroom, but also because of the random fits of coughing or blowing my nose to breathe. The congestion has gotten better but the coughing gets worse at night. I am allowed to take some over the counter things, but those never work for me anyhow. The doctor thinks it must be a virus and will just have to work itself out, but shouldn't harm the baby, which was my bigger concern. Had an appointment last week and everything was looking good with the baby. My doctor says I have only gained 3 lbs since November, but there must be something wrong with their scale because I feel huge! My pre-baby chub must be relocating to my stomach, but doesn't seem to be missing anywhere else...:-)

Yellowstone Pictures!! (warning: there are a ton!)
Yellowstone was so amazing! So different in the winter than spring/fall, even though only one part of the park was open. We had SO much to do and see!! And the park was so quiet with very few people there. We never had to wait to do anything, even meals although there was only one place open in the park to eat, we were fine just walking in when we wanted. One day we stopped in the middle of the road to take pictures of Big Horn Sheep Rams for over an hour and were passed by only 2 cars. We took a snow coach tour to Old Faithful, which was fun, but tiring as it took about 8 hrs round trip (stops along the way though). The people we rode down with were nice, can't say the same for the people on the way back (example, they didn't want to stop at the last bathroom stop which would mean another 45 minutes til the end of the trip before we stopped. Thankfully our guide/driver was super and he stopped for the pregnant lady). You can click on the photos to see larger versions.


Bison digging in the snow


Big Horn Sheep Rams (first time in 8 trips we have seen any rams and we saw 7 on this trip!)

Gray Wolf howling!

Black and Gray wolf (they were meeting up with another wolf further up the hill). We also witnessed some wolf procreation (it is mating season after all).

One of 3 Bald Eagles we saw


Coyote


Lovely sunset in Lamar Valley area


Snow Shoeing!! This was SO much fun! It was our first time and you would think we would take it easy, but no, we do a 5+ mile round trip hike our first time out! It was worth it though!




Pregnant lady DID go to the bathroom in the scary and very cold bathroom before we headed off, but we just knew the bathroom at Tower Falls would be open for use because there was no way to hike off trail to make a pit stop in the woods. Unfortunately, we were met with this lovely sign when we got to the 1/2 way point:






Another fun day snow shoeing at Wraith Falls:



"Ghost" Trees


Can you see the sparkling snow?!

Yep, that is Justin snow shoeing in a t-shirt.

Canary Spring (Mammoth Hot Springs)

Just after watching Old Faithful erupt:


Next to Gibbon Falls




Yellowstone Winter Beauty

Firehole Falls

Small "spike" Bull Elk
One of many huge herds of elk we saw in and out of the park


Pronghorn


Mule deer (we saw HERDS of these on our way to and from the park)

Coyote we encountered on our snow shoe trip. We were the only ones to see him.

This was just outside the cabin we rented in Gardiner our last few days. The family was super and the views were unbelievable!! Deer and Elk were outside the cabin each day!
Hope you enjoyed! I still have hundreds more!

1 comment:

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

wow, the pics you posted are amazing. I can't believe how many different animals there are there. So beautiful!!! I want to go now!!! Love the waterfall shot!
love,
c