Thursday, July 9, 2009

Please welcome...Colton Augustus!!

Born at 10:40 pm 07-08-09! 7 lbs. 10 oz and 20.5 inches long!!





Well, it was a rough road! Was only 1 cm dialated Tuesday morning. Went in Tuesday night for dialation treatment. Didn't really take. Wednesday morning they induced me. Wasn't too bad til they broke my water and then the contractions hit me hard and fast (2 mins apart). Then when I asked for the epidural, it took three times and one hit my spinal fluid-so now I get to have headaches for up to 2 weeks. BUT eventually they got it right and things were going well and I flew to 8 cm quickly. THEN I got to 9 and we thought it would be soon, then we were at 9 for another hour, then Dr said if I was at 9 when she came back an hour later, we would have to do a c-section. :-( We were really upset because by now it was 8 pm and we'd been going at it for 12 hours that day and since 6 pm the night before. It was so frustrating to have come SO far and think we wouldn't make it!

BUT we did some moving postitions, increased contraction meds, and nurse did some warding off by setting up the c-section so we wouldn't need it. And it worked!! Starting pushing about 9:45 pm and he arrived at 10:40 pm!! It was exhausting but guess I was lucky to only have to push for an hour! Good thing I was working out so much!!

He is super cute and we are so happy to have him here finally!! Things are going well, we are hit or missing with the breast feeding but I'm sticking with it!! He is sweet and very content little man and we already adore him!

Will post more pictures VERY soon!! Thanks for all the well wishes!

6 comments:

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy he is here. I kept anxiosly checkingt this site for an update. Be well and give him kisses for us :)
Love,
Cait & love
xoxo

Anonymous said...

hello its Linda Faye!
congratulations on Colton's arrival!!
Glad You and the baby is okay. Was sure glad to hear from Don this morning. Take care, love all of yall. Look forward on seeing more pictures.
love,
Linda

hey Paula here,
Colton is adorable glad he finally made it. Talk to ya soon.
love,
Paula and family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you! He is adorable and I cannot wait to see more pictures. Wish we were there to see him in person.

Love
Loree and family

The Conners (Love) said...

What a wonderful little gift! He is adorable. Looking forward to getting down there for a visit and seeing you all again. Thanks for this website (very nice). How is mommy doing now? Breast feeding is hard, but worth it. I only made it 2 weeks. Hopefully you will make it longer :)
Take care and I will try to get a site up soon. Josh lost his first tooth on Tuesday.
Much love,
Tina, Jeff, Joshua, and Lily (dog)
The Conners

Meaghan said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. (Well, you know, minus the 3 epidural tries and a near c-section)! :) I was gonna be so sad for you when I read about the possible c-section...but SO glad to you hear you MADE it happen! He's so cute and looks so alert! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Stick with the breast feeding...one day...it'll just get so much easier. But don't be discouraged, because it took a while for me to get it...probably a few weeks! Plus, Ava was a challenge...she didn't want to eat...just sleep! So, hang in there...you'll be so happy you did!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Brigette & Justin. God Bless all of you. Colton is a beautiful baby. Keep the pictures comming for all of us. Take care and sending all of you our love.

Bill & Mary Love