Well, I really need to get high speed internet now to show off our cutie pie! Dial up and uploading photos really do not mix. :-) These are from my cell as they are lower resolution photos.

Coming home!


"Not another photo!" he said at the photo session.

Chillin' in my Crib

Hanging with Poppa

Sorry for the delay in posting but it has been a rough week and a half for everyone. In addition to the car seat we had at the hospital missing a crutial piece and the fact that we had to have my lovely friend Shenica get me one to borrow at the last minute, Colton almost did not get to leave hospital due to getting jaundice, but it was thankfully not enought to keep him there another day, my spinal headache was awful when we returned home and I could hardly sit up, which made breast feeding really difficult. We had some freak outs over the weekend as we were unsure if Colton was getting enough nourishment and me being totally wiped out and in pain. (Although he was such a good content baby through the whole thing!)
Doctor's appointment last Monday was bad due to the jaundice still being there and the fact that he was down to 6 lbs 11 oz. Had to go to hospital for blood work for the jaundice and Brigette cried more than Colton did, thank goodness for Justin being strong. Unfortunately, the next day's visit to the doctor was worse because he was down to 6lbs 5 oz and still jaundice, so back to the hospital for a MUCH worse experience at drawing blood. It was so horrible to see him scream and they had to prick him several times before they were able to get enough blood. The issue with the weight was not that he wasn't getting enough liquid, but due to my recovery issues and the medication I was taking for the spinal headache, I had no appetite, wasn't eating enough, and therefore my milk did not have enough calories in it. SO...made plan for eating like a pig and adding a little formula to a few meals to ensure he was getting enough. Wednesday he was up to 7 lbs 1 oz!! The pediatrician has been great and very supportive.
Breastfeeding is certainly difficult and hard to tell if it is going well or not! I appreciate the encouragement of those of you who have emailed and commented. What I love is that he can nurse for about 1 hour and sleep the entire time. Does he even know he if he is full?! Because I have no idea!! Sorry if this is too much information!! I was disappointed that he was not up to birth weight by his 7/20 appointment, but he is up several more ounces, his jaundice is almost gone, and the doctor was happy with his progress and gave me the go ahead to just focus on breast feeding. Have another follow up next Monday but I'll be going to a store in Athens this week to get another weighing for my own benefit.
Family has been to visit and love on Colton this week and that has been great. My mother stayed a couple days when Justin went back to work due to the medication I was on, just to make sure I had help if needed (including driving me to the doctor and such).
Had a great time getting Colton's newborn pictures taken over the weekend! Messed up his schedule some but they are SO adorable!! Here is a sample and a link to the rest of samples from the photographer's blog: http://www.stylizedportraiture.com/i-wanna-be-a-cowboy-baby/



More soon!! We are loving our son and enjoying every minute together (even the frustrating breast feeding moments!).
Thanks for all your calls, emails, cards and well wishes! We are certainly blessed.
7 comments:
Oh gosh, Brig! :( I'm sorry to hear that it's been a rough start...it sounds like things are picking up, though! Glad the jaundice is just about gone!
With breastfeeding, I think that's the thing that every mom is worried about...are they full, are they getting enough?? And I think you just have to look at your baby...is he happy? Is he crying constantly?? Is he pooping and peeing? If all those things are normal, then he's getting enough. Their stomachs are SO small...they can only hold just a little bit! Stick with it though! It's so nice to be able to give them the most perfect thing for their perfect little bodies...and only you can give it. You're doing great...keep up the good work! It's super tiring, but it gets easier...promise. Took me several weeks until I got the hang of everything...
Hope all is well. Love to that baby!!! And love you to mama.
PS. Those newborn pics are SO SO SO SO cute!!!
The pictures are too cute! Glad things are settling down for you. Keep with the breastfeeding, it will get better.
What really precious pictures. Glad he is doing better,and hope your headaches go away soon. You two are going to have such fun.
We love you all,
God bless,
Jerry and Dianne Love
What a precious baby! Try to keep taking as many pictures as you can because they change so much month after month! Oh boy, Josh did the same thing with sleeping when supposed to be feeding. I am still amazed he got any nurishment from me. Tip: eat many small meals throughout the day (fresh fruit is always good). Another Tip: When the baby falls asleep during a feeding do not be afraid to wake him up. Hope all keeps getting better. Much love.
Love the pictures :) Since we have been gone for 2 weeks I wasn't sure if you would be able to keep this site. I am glad you are able to keep us up to date. He is so adorable. When do you think you can come and see us and bring Colton??? I hope we can get that way soon. We need to hold him.
Celinda and Rick
The newborn pictures are adorable!!!!!!!!!! I hope your headaches are gone - but I'm glad he's doing better!
He really is a cutie pie!!
Love
Katie
Post a Comment